1/3 Photos of Easy Oven Barbecue Chicken
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I got this recipe from a 1980 regional cookbook put out by a nursing home that my wife's Grandma was in. I remember Grandma & the other residents putting in thier favorite recipes...Grandma was an excellent cook! I Quote from the original contributor: "The meal will hold quite a long time in low oven after baking. This chicken is always moist & tender with a very special flavor.:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Russian salad dressing, dark preferred
- 1 (10 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Wash chicken and pat dry w/ paper towel.
- 3Place chicken in a lightly greased 13 X 9 or larger pan.
- 4Mix together the remaining ingredients.
- 5Pour sauce over chicken.
- 6Bake for 1½ hours.
- 7If chicken pieces are small, bake for 1¼ hours.
- 8NOTE: You can also use a dark French or Western Dressing.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Oven Barbecue Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.1
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 1163.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 42.4 g
- Protein 26.8 g