Recipe by Ackman
I got this recipe from a 1980 regional cookbook put out by a nursing home that my wife's Grandma was in. I remember Grandma & the other residents putting in thier favorite recipes...Grandma was an excellent cook! I Quote from the original contributor: "The meal will hold quite a long time in low oven after baking. This chicken is always moist & tender with a very special flavor.:
Top Review by lazyme
Yummy! I didn't have any Russian dressing, so made recipe #359226 which worked really well. I used chicken pieces and was very pleased how this came out. The sauce is really good and was also good over mashed potatoes. Thanks Ackman for sharing. Made for Best of 2010 Tag.
- 3 -4 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Russian salad dressing, dark preferred
- 1 (10 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash chicken and pat dry w/ paper towel.
- Place chicken in a lightly greased 13 X 9 or larger pan.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Bake for 1½ hours.
- If chicken pieces are small, bake for 1¼ hours.
- NOTE: You can also use a dark French or Western Dressing.