Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My best friend Cheryl shared this recipe with me years ago. It's fantastic, great for x-mas morning or when you have company staying over.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 slices bread (thick slices)
- Adjust oven racks, one on lowest position and the other in the middle position.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Grease 2 cookie sheets with 2 Tbsp.
- of the above butter.
- Beat eggs, milk, powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Dip bread in the egg mixture and place on cookie sheets.
- Cut remaining butter into pieces and scatter over bread.
- Place on racks, bake for 7 minutes, switch cookie sheets and continue to bake for 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with a bit of powdered sugar when done.
This was fantastic! I am so glad I tried it - my whole family loved it!
Made this for dessert last night, enjoyed by one and all. Will definitely make again.
very, very good! :)