Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Taken from Rachael Ray's 30-minute meals, this is amazingly quick, fresh, and light - can be made with any type of fish fillet. Of course, my usual salad-in-a-bag is a lifesaver here, and fresh broccoli steamed in the microwave or asparagus roasted alongside the fish completes the meal!
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) cod fish fillets
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line your pan with aluminum foil and lightly brush with olive oil, or use a bit of cooking spray.
- Combine parsley, garlic, lemon zest, and coarse salt on the cutting board. Finely chop, then combine with the breadcrumbs in a shallow plate.
- Brush top of each fillet with olive oil. Press fillet into the crumb mixture. Place fillets in baking dish, crust-side up. Bake until firm, about 12-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. Serve with lemon wedges.
I really liked this recipe. So easy and so healthy. The cod recipe I found right before this one had a ton of butter... which would have tasted great I'm sure, but would have defeated my intent to eat healthy! I like how the crust stayed crispy. I've made fish before only to have a gross, soggy crust. The meal isn't going to be one of my all-time favorites, but I think that's just because this is simply meant to be a good, healthy weeknight meal. (It could also be that the quality of my cod was only mediocre... I'm pretty inexperienced with seafood!) Nothing fancy, just good solid nutrition and a great way to bake cod! Thanks for posting. It's a keeper for our cookbook!
I tried this recipe tonight (05-27-10). The family really enjoyed it. My only variation was to use Panko breadcrumbs. I baked it two minutes longer than the max 17 vs 15 minutes. It was easy to prepare and came out great. Thanks.
I made this with sole fish, so I cook them for 20 minutes. I also didn't put them in olive oil before the breadcrumbs for a lighter version. But before I put them in the oven I dizzle some drops of olive oil. The result was a very tasty fish, easy to make and very healthy. 5 stars for a great recipe. Thanks for posting!