Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a slight variation of the Oven Baked Stew recipe on the Lipton Recipe Secret's box for Beefy Onion. I improvised a bit and it really turned out great. Very simple prep and pretty quick cook time.
- Preheat oven to 425°F In 2 1/2 quart casserole toss beef with flour, then bake uncovered 20 minutes - stirring once halfway through.
- Reduce heat to 350°F Add frozen stew vegetables, tomatoes, bay leaf, soup mix and wine.
- Bake covered 1 1/2 hour or until beef is tender. Stir after one hour.
- Season to taste (season salt, garlic powder, ground black pepper).
- Serve as is or over rice or noodles.