1/12 Photos of Easy Oven Baked Beans and Pork Chops
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is an easy but really tasty pork chop dish --- purchase the thicker size pork chops or you may use 2-3 larger pork steaks, the thinner chops tend to fall apart when baked as they bake too fast, if desired you can top with shredded cheddar cheese the last 15 minutes of baking, also chopped fresh garlic may be added also to the bean mixture -- this may also be cooked in a crockpot, just brown the chops firstly in a skillet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 pork chops
- salt and pepper (I use seasoned salt)
- garlic powder (optional)
- 1 (3 lb) can pork and beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4-1/3 cup store-bought barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional or to taste, adjust amount to suit heat level)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Brown the chops in a frypan on both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder (if using); set aside.
- 3Grease an Dutch oven or a oven-proof casserole dish (large enough to hold the ingredients).
- 4In a bowl mix together the pork and beans, chopped onion, chopped green pepper, BBQ sauce, ketchup, brown sugar and cayenne pepper (if using).
- 5Layer HALF of the bean mixture on the bottom of Dutch oven.
- 6Lay the pork chops on top of the bean mixture.
- 7Top with remaining bean mixture.
- 8Bake covered or uncovered for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the chops are tender (if you prefer a thicker sauce then bake covered for half the time then finish baking uncovered).
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Oven Baked Beans and Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (580 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 782.6
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 198.9 mg
- Sodium 1512.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 67.6 g