Cook1 hr 30 mins
This one is a little different from the one I found posted here. From Kraft Foods magazine.
Make and share this Easy Oreo Truffles recipe from Food.com.
- 45 Oreo cookies, divided (1 package)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) packages semisweet baking chocolate, melted
- Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in a food processor; reserve for later use. (This can also be done in a resealable bag with a rolling pin.).
- Crush the remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the cream cheese and mix until well blended.
- Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1" in diameter.
- Dip the balls in the melted chocolate and place them on a wax paper covered baking sheet. (Any left over chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.).
- Sprinkle the tops of the truffles with the reserved cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Store leftover truffles, covered, in the refrigerator.