Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
It doesn't get easier or quicker than this! Melt the chocolate, mix and roll. At normal room temperature, you will not need to chill these before rolling. I buy the prepackaged Oreo crumbs which are very finely crushed, if you are making your own crumbs from cookies, make sure you crush them into very fine crumbs.
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (real chocolate please)
- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup Oreo cookie crumbs (for rolling)
- Melt the chocolate chips and stir until smooth (I use the microwave and it takes around 1 minute on high, warning microwaves differ so check it part way through so you don't burn your chocolate).
- Mix the melted chocolate and cream cheese until smooth and evenly chocolate.
- Add the 2 cups of Oreo crumbs and mix until well blended (note: this is quite thick and a little hard to stir, but do it anyway).
- Form into small balls (1" or less) then roll in Oreo crumbs to lightly coat.
Oh WOW, this recipe is soooo wonderful! It is super easy and quick to make and the results are dangerously DELISH! YUM! :) I used coconut filled oreos and bitter sweet chocolate which paired really nicely. I had to mix my cream cheese, chocolate and cookie crumbs with the hands, but other than that youre directions were spot on. I ended up with 23 truffles from half the recipe.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, *Pixie*! Ill definitely make this again and again and again (using all sorts of cookies, chocolates and extracts to experiment).
My family would kick me out of the house if I didn't make these every week!! We love them and they are so simple to make but really have a wow factor when it comes to presentation. Looks like it took all day to make these but just takes a few minutes.
YUM! These were soo good. And easier than I was first expecting. Forming the balls and rolling them in the crumbs did take a while because I was doing it by myself, if you get somebody to help you with it will go much faster. I'm craving these.... hehe and I think we have stuff to make them. I will for sure be making them again!