Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Another one from the Montreal Gazette. I made a cheesecake a few months ago, with an oreo base, but not the same one as this. This is slightly different.
- 48 Oreo cookies
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, if using a silver 9 inch springform pan or 300 degrees if using a dark, nonstick springform pan.
- Crush 30 of the oreo cookies in a sealable plastic bag, and flatten the bag to remove the air. You can also pulse them in a food processor. Then place the cookies in a bowl and mix them with the melted butter. Press firmly in the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, vanilla and sugar until well blended. Add sour cream, and mix well again.
- Gradually add eggs, beating justuntil blended. Chop or crush the remaining 18 cookies. Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups of the cookies into cream cheese batter.
- Pour batter over crust, and sprinkle with the remaining chopped cookies.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.