Recipe by Dancer^
This is a very elegant dessert. No one has to know how easy it is. Kids love it too, and its LF.
Top Review by Mirj
So amazing! I made a full fat version for my daughter's 14th birthday party, and all her friends felt so grown up eating their parfaits, so much more mature than ice cream, in their eyes! I used Yoplait's French Vanilla yogurt and my own super chocolate flavored cookies. My next attempt is going to be a more "adult" version with some orange liqueur mixed in! Dancer, thanks so much for my latest favorite dessert!
- 1 package fat-free instant vanilla pudding mix (4-serving-size)
- 1 3⁄4 cups orange juice
- 8 ounces low-fat vanilla yogurt or 8 ounces low-fat pineapple yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup lowfat chocolate wafer cookies or 3⁄4 cup ginger snaps (about 10)
- orange slices or orange wedge (optional)
- fresh mint sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pudding mix, except use the 1 3/4 cs.
- orange juice instead of milk.
- Transfer pudding to a bowl, cover and chill thoroughly.
- Before serving, fold yogurt into pudding.
- Divide 1/3 of the mixture among 6 parfait glasses.
- Sprinkle with half the crushed cookies.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining pudding mixture.
- Garnish with orange slices or wedges and mint.