Recipe by carole in orlando
So easy to make! It makes one jar and is good on toast, or for whatever recipe you use Orange Marmalade for. Enjoy!
Top Review by kikibu
I made this tonight and it was so easy! When it was close to the end of the 15 minutes of boiling, I noticed the marmalade started getting a tiny bit darker. I pulled it off the stove at about "12 minutes of boiling, and it turned out great! At first, I wondered if it would come together or stay liquidy, and it thickened up nicely on it's own. This was my first time making marmalade, but not my last. Delish! Thank you so much!!!!!
Directions See How It's Made
- Select Navel oranges that have the thinnest peel.
- If the orange is large double the amount of water and sugar.
- Wash the orange thoroughly.
- Cut off both ends of the orange.
- Cut the orange in half, cut each half in about eight sections.
- Place the orange sections in the food processor and pulse until the peel in is tiny pieces.
- In a medium saucepan place the processed orange, the water and the sugar and bring to a gentle boil.
- Boil for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Let cool, then place in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Refrigerate to store.
- When it is cold it is ready to eat.
- I use 1/2 sugar and 1/2 Splenda and it works well.