Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an excruciatingly easy way to enjoy orange tea. It is simply hot orange tea with French vanilla coffee creamer powder added. When I was pregnant with my daughter and trying to avoid caffeine, this is the beverage on which I thrived.
- 6 -8 ounces water, boiling
- 1 tea bag, orange flavored, caffein free
- 1 tablespoon coffee creamer, french vanilla flavored (I use Nestle Coffee Mate Fat Free French Vanilla)
- In a tea kettle, bring water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, place tea bag in a teacup.
- When water is boiling hot, pour desired amount over tea bag and steep for 8-10 minutes or until desired color/flavor is reached.
- Carefully remove tea bag and stir in creamer.
Ooohh, this is very yummy and does indeed remind me of an Orange Creamsicle. I found that the tea curdled when I put in the Vanilla Coffee Creamer so I strained it before putting it in the tea cup. I used Celestial Seasonings orange tea. I bet this would make an excellent cold drink over crushed ice too. Made for Comfort Cafe 2010. Thx for sharing this.
This a rich and comforting tea! I added some splenda as I like my tea a bit sweeter. The creamer and the orange made a nice flavor combination - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for My 3 Chefs, November 2009