Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This sauce takes only minutes to make, use to baste on grilled chicken, beef ribs or pork ribs. Adjust all amounts to taste.
- 1 cup orange marmalade (do not use sugar-free, Smucker's is the best for this!)
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes (or use tomato sauce)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional or to taste add in for extra heat)
- In a saucepan combine all ingredients; heat over medium-high heat until the sauce comes to a boil, stirring frequentley.
- Simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight before using to blend flavors.
Easy and Tasty. I added 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the sauce after it cooled to add a bit more "brightness". Perfect with grilled chicken. I'm going to try freezing the leftovers in small batches for future barbecues.