An easy way to turn store-bought marmalade into something special by adding a few extra ingredients. Very little prep work, great to make for gifts! It is good on toast and biscuits; I have served it over cream cheese with crackers.
- Drain and chop cherries, set aside.
- In a saucepan over LOW heat, combine all other ingredients.
- Heat gently until mixture comes to a boil, approximately 10 - 15 minutes.
- Stir in cherries; return to boil, then remove from heat and pour into prepared jars.
- If your jars do not seal, store in refrigerator.
- Note: If marmalade is too thick to pour over cream cheese, heat gently in saucepan or microwave.
I have made this twice, I am so sorry...I didn't review it!!
The first time I prepared it....I followed the exact ingredients (I didn't can it, I kept the jar in the refrigerator!) This is DELICIOUS!! I enjoyed it on bagels and then served it on top of cream cheese for guests! The second time I made it, I included a jalapeno chopped (more like a spicy chutney)...and once again served it on cream cheese with crackers!! YUMMY!! Thank you for a fabulous recipe Elly!!
Elly traded me a jar of this Marmalade and it was delicious