Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From a friend of mine...
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- confectioners' sugar, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350~.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and both sugars together with an electric mixer.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then mix in the orange juice, vanilla, and orange zest.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, orange zest, and vanilla and mix together well.
- Generously butter and flour a 10 inch bundt cake pan and scoop the batter into it, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until the sides
- shrink away from the pan and the center of the loaf springs back.
- Cool the pan on the rack for 10 minutes, then turn out into a round platter.
- Sprinkle a little confectioners sugar over the top of the bread and serve warm or at room temperature.