Recipe by NormCooks
Cooking meat with fruits is a special treat. This sauce has NO FAT, NO SODIUM, and NO sugar added, and you can make it a few days ahead and store it in your fridge until you're ready to cook.
- 1⁄2 cup orange rind
- 3 large seedless oranges
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 tablespoon ground rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel all oranges. Chop enough of the rind (peelings)to equal 1/2 cup. Discard remaining peelings.
- Insert your 1/2 cup of orange rind into your food processor.
- Slice the orange into quarters and place in food processor with the rind.
- Peel and wash your garlic cloves, then place in food processor. You can save time by purchasing peeled and washed garlic cloves pre-packaged in your produce section.
- DO NOT use garlic soaked in oil which is sold in a jar in the spices section of your grocery store. The oil is just another fat product.
- Add all other ingredients to food processor, then puree for about 1 minute until you get a marmalade-like texture.
- This recipe makes about 24 oz of sauce, which is enough to baste about 12 to 15 pieces of chicken.
- I usually baste meats at the start time, and again halfway through cooking. Spritzing the meat with a bit of water during cooking keeps it moist and will not affect the flavor of this particular sauce.