Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Created for RSC. Goes great with Mexican food!
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (Best Foods or Hellmans)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash ground cayenne pepper
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 2 large romaine leaves
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 orange, peeled, sectioned and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons shredded asiago cheese or 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Combine dressing ingredients.
- On separate salad plates, arrange avocado and orange slices alternating on a bed of torn romaine.
- Drizzle dressing on, then top with a sprinkling of Asiago cheese and pine nuts.
I made this recipe several times during the RSC #11 contest. We really enjoyed the flavors together. I loved that this recipe furnished dressing in amounts that matched the salad. I so often have tons of dressing left to pitch out. Not the case here. I shredded the romaine and then followed the layout. The salad was pretty, quick to make, and made a perfect lunch. It would also be a nice side salad. I can't find blood oranges so subbed an orange. I also used walnuts in place of pine nuts after the first time. The dressing pairs with these ingredients nicely. I will definitely be using this recipe again & again! Thank you for a keeper!
4-This is a very nice salad. My only issue is placing everything on a leaf of romaine. I did take several leaves and tore them into bite size pieces. Good luck in RSC #11.