Cookie Kake's Note:
Quick and easy recipe. This was a favorite of mine growing up. A true kid pleaser. Not spicy at all, so not for true italian food cravers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Brown ground beef in a frying pan, drain grease.
- 3While beef is browning, slice italian bread into thick slices (about 3/4 inch thick). Each slice will be one sandwich.
- 4Once beef is browned add 8-10oz can of PLAIN tomato sauce to frying pan. Simmer. Can add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5While beef and sauce is simmering, toast slices of bread in oven for approx 3-5 minutes.
- 6Remove toasted bread from oven and spread with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of beef mixture. Top with 1-11/2 slices american cheese.
- 7Place back in oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 8Remove from oven and enjoy with your favorite salad!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Open-Faced Pizza Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.2
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 541.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 18.9 g