Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Doesn't require many ingredients and much easier than most recipes!
- 1 medium onion (Cut in Rings)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 -2 cup vegetable oil
- Heat oil in large skillet to medium heat.
- In a resealable bag, shake flour, corn meal, salt & pepper together.
- In a small bowl, mix egg and milk together.
- Dip onion rings in egg mix, then add to bag.
- Shake bag until all onion pieces are coated.
- Add onions into skillet and let cook on each side for about 4-5 minutes.
- Make sure onions are only halfway covered with oil, and don't overcrowd the pan.
- Once both sides are cooked, remove from oil and place on a plate with a paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Enjoy! (:.