Recipe by jrusk
I believe you are a meatloaf person or you aren't; simple. I also believe the best meatloaf is the one you grew up on; others just seem to taste not quite right. I haven't found the one my family eats on here. After trying several others, I keep coming back to my Mom's. It's not necessarily better but it's the one I grew up on and that makes all the difference in the world. Meat, onions, gravy and a big pile of ketchup on the side for dipping, yum.
Top Review by foodtvfan
Very easy to make tasty meat loaf. I used recipe #110331 for the soup mix, and used about 1/3 cup evaporated milk that I wanted to use up. I couldn't find the jar of Heinz beef gravy so I used two 10 ounce cans of Heinz beef gravy and saved some to put over french fries tomorrow.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 egg
- 1 (6 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (18 ounce) jar beef gravy, Heinz Savory Beef Gravy
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix ground beef, onion soup mix, egg, and evaporated milk together. The texture should be very mushy with a lot of moisture. (6 oz. evaporated milk is usually enough but you could use a 12 oz. can, adding as you mix and save the leftover evaporated milk).
- Form meat mixure into a loaf and place in a baking pan.
- Bake until meat is done, about 45 minutes.
- Drain off some of the excess juice/grease.
- Top meatloaf with the jar of gravy; put pan back in oven to heat gravy through, about 5 minutes.