Recipe by Dancer^
This is great for busy days. If you don't like garlic, use two onion soup mixes. Conversely, if you don't like onions, use two garlic herb mixes. For a variation add bell peppers, or put cheese on top.
- 4 golden russet potatoes
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (2 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix (or equivalent dry soup mix)
- 1 (2 ounce) packageliptons herb with garlic soup mix (or equivalent dry soup mix)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a sharp knife to puncture potatoes several times.
- Microwave potatoes on high for 13 to 14 minutes, or until they are tender when poked with a knife or fork (microwave oven cooking times vary).
- Cube the potatoes into small bite sized pieces.
- Put the cubed potatoes into a large ziplock (re-sealable) plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, mix oil and soup mixes.
- Mix until lumps are dissolved.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes in the bag.
- Seal bag and rotate the potatoes around in the bag so that the oil mixture coats the potatoes.
- Pour the potatoes into an 8x8 or a 9x9 pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.