Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is great for busy days. If you don't like garlic, use two onion soup mixes. Conversely, if you don't like onions, use two garlic herb mixes. For a variation add bell peppers, or put cheese on top.
- 4 golden russet potatoes
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (2 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix (or equivalent dry soup mix)
- 1 (2 ounce) packageliptons herb with garlic soup mix (or equivalent dry soup mix)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a sharp knife to puncture potatoes several times.
- Microwave potatoes on high for 13 to 14 minutes, or until they are tender when poked with a knife or fork (microwave oven cooking times vary).
- Cube the potatoes into small bite sized pieces.
- Put the cubed potatoes into a large ziplock (re-sealable) plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, mix oil and soup mixes.
- Mix until lumps are dissolved.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes in the bag.
- Seal bag and rotate the potatoes around in the bag so that the oil mixture coats the potatoes.
- Pour the potatoes into an 8x8 or a 9x9 pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.