This is a tasty recipe that we really enjoy. I got this recipe from a small deli that served the most delicious hot lunches. The deli changed ownership and shortly there after closed - luckily I had asked for their recipe and have been making it ever since.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine butter (melted), Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper. Mix all ingredients together until combined.
- Lightly crush the entire can of French Fried Onions and put into a shallow pan.
- Coat all the Chicken Breasts with butter mixture.
- Place chicken breasts one at a time in crushed Onions and press down to coat/stick the onions to the chicken, turn over and press again, pat onions against all sides of the Chicken breasts.
- Place chicken in a lightly greased 13-by-9-inch baking dish - if any crushed Onions remain, mound them equally on top of the chicken breasts.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
My wife and I did not know what to eat for dinner. While she was out shopping I looked @ Food.com and found this recipe. I tossed it together quickly and tossed it in the oven. It smelled great and tasted even better. My wife loved it. I followed the directions exactly and it was amazing. It is going into our folder of recipes.
The first time i cooked this i followed this recipe. The second time i put the chicken on top of buttered fettuccine with mushrooms and topped it with alfredo sauce. turned out pretty good!!
We made this as written, Was OK. It is almost identical to the recipe on the side of Durkee's French-fried onions can. I agree with the others that have rated this, it needs something more. 3 Star. Thanks for posting it.