Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a tasty recipe that we really enjoy. I got this recipe from a small deli that served the most delicious hot lunches. The deli changed ownership and shortly there after closed - luckily I had asked for their recipe and have been making it ever since.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened) or 2 tablespoons margarine (softened)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) canfrench's original French-fried onions (crushed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine butter (melted), Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper. Mix all ingredients together until combined.
- Lightly crush the entire can of French Fried Onions and put into a shallow pan.
- Coat all the Chicken Breasts with butter mixture.
- Place chicken breasts one at a time in crushed Onions and press down to coat/stick the onions to the chicken, turn over and press again, pat onions against all sides of the Chicken breasts.
- Place chicken in a lightly greased 13-by-9-inch baking dish - if any crushed Onions remain, mound them equally on top of the chicken breasts.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
My family and I enjoy this recipe as quick comfort food. It is a crowd pleaser. We serve it with mashed potatoes and skillet green beans (green beans, garlic, and olive oil). I believe the spices are just right but will try adding garlic powder and maybe a little ground red pepper for a kick when the kids pallets allows.
My wife and I did not know what to eat for dinner. While she was out shopping I looked @ Food.com and found this recipe. I tossed it together quickly and tossed it in the oven. It smelled great and tasted even better. My wife loved it. I followed the directions exactly and it was amazing. It is going into our folder of recipes.
The first time i cooked this i followed this recipe. The second time i put the chicken on top of buttered fettuccine with mushrooms and topped it with alfredo sauce. turned out pretty good!!