Recipe by Random Rachel
To get this recipe, I measured the noodles in a box of hamburger helper when I was a newlywed and college student. We ate this several times a week, using different variations. You can also use 1/2-1/4 lb beef instead, if you are trying to stretch your budget. Its good, cheap eating :-) The recipe listed is lasagna flavor.
- 2 1⁄4 cups egg noodles
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 ounces tomato paste (1/2 of a can)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the beef.
- Add the noodles, water, tomato paste, and spices. (If you use beans instead, add them here.).
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 13 minutes.
- Variations: instead of beef and tomato paste / italian seasoning use:
- tuna fish and cheese sauce mix.
- green beans and brown gravy mix.
- beef, mushrooms, sour cream, and brown gravy mix.
- tuna, butter, garlic and parsley.
- canned shrimp, butter, and garlic.
- canned shrimp, hot sauce and tony's more spice.
- beef, tomato paste, taco seasoning, and cheese on top.
- canned mixed veggies, chicken bullion and gravy mix.
- pepperoni, tomato paste, Italian spice, cheese on top.