Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Company's Coming and it got me through a lot of nights in college... Actually me, my roommates, and my friends. I still love it!
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml green pepper, chopped
- 591.47 ml water, hot
- 35.43 g envelope taco seasoning
- 184.27 g box of macaroni and cheese (Kraft Dinner)
- 236.59 ml tomatoes, diced
- 118.29 ml sour cream (optional)
- green onion, sliced for garnish (optional)
- lettuce, shredded for garnish (optional)
- Scramble fry ground beef, onion, and green pepper in a large non-stick frying pan with fairly high sides for about 5 minutes (until onion is soft and beef is no longer pink) and drain.
- Stir in hot water and taco seasoning mix.
- Bring to a boil and stir in the macaroni ONLY from the KD package. Cover, simmer, stirring occasionally until macaroni is tender.
- Add the cheese packet and the tomato and stir together well.
- Serve immediately with sour cream, green onion, and lettuce!
Easy to throw together with minimal mess! Fed my husband and myself, and our 9, 7 and 2 year old with plenty leftover for lunch the next day. Our two year old even went for thirds, so this is definitely a keeper! All I had for the mac & cheese was a box of something generic. Next time I'll make sure to have actual Kraft on hand, because I really think it would have made it that much tastier!
This made for a quick easy weeknight dinner. I followed the recipe as written and everyone enjoyed it.
Made this for PAC Fall 2012, my better half gave it a 5 but I think it is a 4. Easy fast week night one pot dish.