Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This inexpensive recipe is for your busiest nights. It is easily doubled or tripled to feed a large family. I haven't tried freezing it, but I don't see why it couldn't be. If anyone tries it, please let us know! We serve it with cottage cheese and a green salad.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced (or use a bit of the dehydrated kind)
- 1 (15 ounce) can baked beans (we like Bush's)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Brown ground beef and onion. Drain fat and return to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook over low heat until warmed through.
- If you like your's a little saucier, add an 8 oz can of tomato sauce or 1/3 cup ketchup.