Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is a super easy and quick way to incorporate whole grains packed with protein into your diet. You can throw in veggies that need to be used and spice to suit your mood :) It's a flexible dish that you can throw together in a jiffy. I usually substitute water for broth and add extra seasoning.
- 1 1⁄2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup frozen spinach
- 1⁄3 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (depending on how garlicky you like it!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt (to taste)
- 6 ounces tuna (splurge on the good kind, it really tastes better)
- 1⁄2 cup cheese (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except cheese and tuna in a medium sauce pan.
- Cover with lid and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and add cheese and tuna. Enjoy!
We didn't like this very much. It just seemed off with the tuna. I think we will try this again but with chicken in it, or without meat. Thanks!
This was so good! I made a few changes (due to what I had on hand). Instead of using spinach I cut up pieces of asparagus. I cooked everything else as directed. Then when it was done I filled large portobella mushroom caps with the yummy goodness. I sprinkled a little cheese on top and put it in the oven for a little while. It was easy and healthy... that's a great combination! (I'm even eating leftovers for breakfast this morning).
This is my go to recipe is I want something filling, healthy, and easy to prepare. It is sooo delicious too! Thanks for sharing!