Recipe by Elizabeth H.
Freshly grated parmesan is the secret ingredient! Quick, easy and only one dish to clean. Perfect for the junior chef! High-altitude tested.
Top Review by tracytrebilcox
Bland, boring and the only saving grace was that the dogs loved it. I just need to remind myself that baked dishes with chicken and rice are going to get thumbs down by the family.
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves (frozen OK)
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked white rice, , regular or converted
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 chicken bouillon cubes or 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 heads broccoli, washed,florets removed in 2" pieces (stems discarded)
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh, shredded, grated parmesan cheese (salt)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine hot water, chicken bouillon and onion powder.
- Place rice in 13x9x2 pan and add hot water mixture.
- Add carrots in even layer on top of rice.
- Place broccoli florets evenly atop carrot layer.
- Place chicken breasts on top.
- Frozen breast pieces need not be thawed.
- Salt and pepper chicken pieces, if desired.
- Thoroughly mix soup and milk.
- Pour over chicken breasts.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 400F for 45-60 minutes or until chicken breasts are fully cooked.
- Remove foil, add fresh parmesan cheese during last 15 minutes of cooking time and continue baking UNcovered.
- NOTE: If you must substitute canned, grated parmesan cheese, do not add until the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serves 4.