1 hr 5 mins
Freshly grated parmesan is the secret ingredient! Quick, easy and only one dish to clean. Perfect for the junior chef! High-altitude tested.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves (frozen OK)
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice, , regular or converted
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 chicken bouillon cubes or 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 heads broccoli, washed,florets removed in 2" pieces (stems discarded)
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh, shredded, grated parmesan cheese (salt)
- salt and pepper
- 1Combine hot water, chicken bouillon and onion powder.
- 2Place rice in 13x9x2 pan and add hot water mixture.
- 4Add carrots in even layer on top of rice.
- 5Place broccoli florets evenly atop carrot layer.
- 6Place chicken breasts on top.
- 7Frozen breast pieces need not be thawed.
- 8Salt and pepper chicken pieces, if desired.
- 9Thoroughly mix soup and milk.
- 10Pour over chicken breasts.
- 11Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 400F for 45-60 minutes or until chicken breasts are fully cooked.
- 12Remove foil, add fresh parmesan cheese during last 15 minutes of cooking time and continue baking UNcovered.
- 13NOTE: If you must substitute canned, grated parmesan cheese, do not add until the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- 14Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 15Serves 4.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy One Dish Chicken Broccoli Bake
Serving Size: 1 (684 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.1
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 110.3 mg
- Sodium 1302.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 47.5 g