Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy one-dish beef stroganoff recipe. To make this more traditional, you can add half of the can of soup & 6 oz. of cooking sherry in place of the whole can of soup. I'm sure that there are way better classic recipes out there, but this one is just too easy & tasty to go through all the other work... :-)
- 3⁄4 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, 3/4-inch thick (or sirloin tips sliced into thin strips)
- 1 (14 ounce) can French onion soup (Progresso Brand I use)
- 2 cups mushrooms (Fresh & sliced)
- 4 cups egg noodles (uncooked)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- chopped fresh parsley
- SLICE beef into very thin strips.
- COOK beef in nonstick skillet 5 min., stirring often to brown. Add mushrooms to brown.
- Stir in soup & heat to a boil. Stir in noodles. Cover and cook over low heat 10 minute or until noodles are done.
- STIR in sour cream & cream cheese and heat through. Top with fresh parsley & serve.
This was a quick and easy recipe, my family loved it. We def will be making this again. Thank you for sharing this recipe :D
This is, indeed, a super easy (and very yummy) one-dish beef stroganoff! My hubby kept saying, between delicious bites, "This is sooooo good! " As the posting chef mentioned, there are fanicer, more time-intensive, and more classic recipes for beef stroganoff (I make one, in fact), but this one is much more everyday-simple, easy, and a breeze to put together, which has it's serious benefits! This is also good enough to serve to company or on a special occasion. My fancy beef stroganoff recipe will likely not be made nearly as often now - and this recipe will be my new everyday-simple one! Thanks for the yummy comfort food recipe!
Another one of your easy to make kid and adult pleasers. This was so easy but so delicious. I will make this again and it can also be made for company and dinner nights with friends too when you add the sherry.