Top Review by XD Kitchen Kitty
These are the first homemade cupcakes I've ever made and they turned out perfect!! I left out the cinnamon and nuts and frosted them with cream cheese frosting and they were delicious! I made these for the guys at work and they couldn't get enough of them. I would recommend making these in a heartbeat!
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml unsweetened baking cocoa (sifted)
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59-1.23 ml cinnamon (optional)
- 236.59 ml milk or 236.59 ml half-and-half cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 78.07 ml salad oil (use Canola or vegetable oil)
- 4.92 ml vanilla (can use 2 teaspoons)
- 236.59 ml semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 118.29 ml chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 12 regular size muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, sifted baking cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon (if using); mix with a wooden spoon to combine.
- In a two-cup measuring cup or bowl whisk together the milk, egg, oil and vanilla.
- Add the milk/egg mixture to the dry ingredients; mix very well with a wooden spoon to combine well.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
- Divide the batter evenly between the lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean (don't overbake!).
- Cool, and frost with favorite chocolate frosting.