If you are looking for a dark chocolate cupcake then these are not for you, they rise simply beautiful and come out just perfect, they' re so easy to make everything is mixed in one bowl with a wooden spoon! --- top these with my Kittencal's Chocolate Frosting/Icing
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup salad oil (use Canola or vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (can use 2 teaspoons)
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 12 regular size muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, sifted baking cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon (if using); mix with a wooden spoon to combine.
- In a two-cup measuring cup or bowl whisk together the milk, egg, oil and vanilla.
- Add the milk/egg mixture to the dry ingredients; mix very well with a wooden spoon to combine well.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
- Divide the batter evenly between the lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean (don't overbake!).
- Cool, and frost with favorite chocolate frosting.