Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This has a brownie-like texture! It's easy an easy one-bowl cake, add in some chocolate chips or raisins if desired.
- 354.88 ml flour
- 59.14 ml baking cocoa
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml water
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil or 59.14 ml canola oil
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2 small apples, peeled and chopped
- 118.29-177.44 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon (can use 1 teaspoon)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 8-in baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine first four ingredients.
- Combine water, oil, lemon juice and vanilla; add to dry ingredients, and stir, just until combined.
- Toss apples with sugar and cinnamon; fold into batter.
- Pour into greased baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 mins, or until cake tests done.
Hi KITTENCAL BASS:) I made your Apple Snack Cake today! Yummmmmmmy!!! It was soooo good!!!My hubby just loved it!! It was very moist and so easy to make! A very good cake indeed! :) Keep up the good work!:) Thanks for posting it! Nancy from Northeast England
This is a very light cake for when you want something sweet, but not too much. The apple bits are delightful.
This was delicious. I added walnuts and made a brown sugar and butter sauce for the top. So good. I keep looking for the egg but it doesn't need one. Moist and fluffy. I guess it is the apples. Thank you so much for sharing.