Recipe by Sharon123
I was out all day, and hadn't eaten anything but one cookie. I was hungry! So I chopped up a little of this and a little of that, put the noodles on to boil and dinner came together quick and easy! Created for the Dining on a Dollar Contest!
- 1⁄2 large carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 medium zucchini, diced or 1⁄2 medium other squash
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 ounces frozen spinach
- 1 cup vegetable broth or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (3 ounce) package Top Ramen noodles
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- roasted peanuts (to garnish)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put margarine in a large skillet. Heat to medium high and toss in carrot and red bell pepper. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, to soften.
- Add zucchini and green onion, and cook another 5-7 minutes, till tender. Add the frozen spinach and the one cup broth, along with soy sauce. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 cups water and cook ramen noodles 2-3 minutes, or until tender. You may use seasoning packet if you like. Drain.
- Add veggies to noodles, place in bowls. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle a little sesame oil over and sprinkle roasted peanuts on top.
- Serve with extra soy sauce. Enjoy!
- Note: This is good with a little diced tofu added too! Or add meat if you like.