Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is so easy to do and it is fail proof! The filling is as good as your imagination, try different combinations. Blue cheese adds some zest. I usually make my filling and keep it warm in the oven while I cook the omelette. I often use 3 tbsp whipped cottage cheese instead of the sour cream. I think my favorite omelette is filled with cheddar cheese, jalapeno pepper, crumbled bacon and mushrooms - I fry the mushrooms and jalapeno for just a minute or two and I add the ceddar to the omelette in the last minute of cooking This is a new favorite filling that I just had. I didn't want to make a new recipe because this is the base recipe. - 3/4 cup fried mushrooms, 1/2 cup chopped, cooked chicken, 1tsp hot cajun spice, 1/4 cup shredded lite gouda cheese (or your own favorite), 4 tbsp hot salsa. Fry the mushrooms in a bit of butter or Pam, add chicken & Cajun spice - heat-remove from pan and keep warm-Cook your omelet-add cheese & chicken/ mushrooms when it is just about cooked to one side of the omelet. flip closed, after 1-2 minutes served with the salsa on top!
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- salsa (optional)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- mushroom (optional)
- cheddar cheese (optional)
- stir fry mixed pepper (optional)
- bacon (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
- sausage (optional)
- shrimp (optional)
- hot pepper (optional)
- Whip the milk and flour together.
- Add sour cream or whipped cottage cheese.
- Add eggs and whisk until well blended.
- Keep in fridge until ready to cook.
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat (5-6 on electric stove).
- Spray skillet with lite olive oil or other veggie spray.
- Pour in egg mixture. You do not have lift the egg mixture to let the uncooked run under it will cook perfectly just by leaving it to cook.
- Cover with lid and cook 5 minutes (you do not have to flip it) or until it has risen and is firm on top.
- Meanwhile have your filling ready and warm.
- Place omelette on a warmed plate put filling on it, flip half over and enjoy or place filling on half the omelete in the pan, flip half over and slide onto a warmed plate.
After it was folded over, I was treated to a double delight. A lightly browned pancake shell, and a soft fluffy egg center. I filled mine with shredded cheese that melted into a smooth creamy core.
Absolutely delicioso! I stuffed mine with crisp bacon, sauteed onions and mushrooms, Colby Cheese, Monterey Jack Cheese, Swiss Cheese, and seasoned it with seasoned black pepper and paprika. Can't wait to try your "West Omelette" recipe1 (Just kidding, Bergy)
This was great! I always thought that my omlets were good, but this one takes the cake! I used bacon, cheese, mushrooms, and green peppers! Yummy!