1/15 Photos of Easy Omelet for One
This is so easy to do and it is fail proof! The filling is as good as your imagination, try different combinations. Blue cheese adds some zest. I usually make my filling and keep it warm in the oven while I cook the omelette. I often use 3 tbsp whipped cottage cheese instead of the sour cream. I think my favorite omelette is filled with cheddar cheese, jalapeno pepper, crumbled bacon and mushrooms - I fry the mushrooms and jalapeno for just a minute or two and I add the ceddar to the omelette in the last minute of cooking This is a new favorite filling that I just had. I didn't want to make a new recipe because this is the base recipe. - 3/4 cup fried mushrooms, 1/2 cup chopped, cooked chicken, 1tsp hot cajun spice, 1/4 cup shredded lite gouda cheese (or your own favorite), 4 tbsp hot salsa. Fry the mushrooms in a bit of butter or Pam, add chicken & Cajun spice - heat-remove from pan and keep warm-Cook your omelet-add cheese & chicken/ mushrooms when it is just about cooked to one side of the omelet. flip closed, after 1-2 minutes served with the salsa on top!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whip the milk and flour together.
- 2Add sour cream or whipped cottage cheese.
- 3Add eggs and whisk until well blended.
- 4Keep in fridge until ready to cook.
- 5Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat (5-6 on electric stove).
- 6Spray skillet with lite olive oil or other veggie spray.
- 7Pour in egg mixture. You do not have lift the egg mixture to let the uncooked run under it will cook perfectly just by leaving it to cook.
- 8Cover with lid and cook 5 minutes (you do not have to flip it) or until it has risen and is firm on top.
- 9Meanwhile have your filling ready and warm.
- 10Place omelette on a warmed plate put filling on it, flip half over and enjoy or place filling on half the omelete in the pan, flip half over and slide onto a warmed plate.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Omelet for One
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.4
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 399.2 mg
- Sodium 201.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 16.9 g