Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A fantastic Greek side dish served at many fancy Greek restaurants. Instead of using 4 smaller dishes you can make this in one larger dish also. If you are a lover of Greek-style foods, then don't pass this one up! Serve this with toasted pita on the side. All ingredients can be adjusted to suit taste, and feel free to double the recipe. This is absolutely delicious!
Top Review by Patricia
I've used this recipe a couple of times and each time, it met with rave reviews. I served it as an appie on a single platter alongside home made wholewheat pita wedges. Very nice!
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese (block-style, preferably Greek feta)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano (or to taste, rubbed between fingers to release flavors)
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup bottled roasted peppers, coarsley chopped (can use more)
- 12 -14 kalamata olives, pitted and coarsley chopped (can use other brine-cured pitted olives)
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil (use extra-virgin olive oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Slice the cheese into about 1/2-inch thick slices (you can use the crumbled feta cheese for this also) and divide evenly among 4 oven-proof baking dishes (or place in bottom of a large dish).
- Sprinkle the oregano and black pepper over the feta cheese in the dish.
- In a small bowl stir together roasted red peppers, olives and olive oil, then spoon the mixture over and around the cheese in the dish.
- Broil about 3-4 inches from heat under broiler for about 5 minutes, or until edges of cheese is golden.