Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from the Internet it is so easy and soooooo good. I let them rise in the oven with just the oven light on then just before they have fininished rising I remove them & preheat the oven. They will keep for a couple of days but I like them fresh fresh. They freeze well
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- light olive oil flavored cooking spray or other vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (not garlic salt, or more)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, rubbed into a fine powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray your fingers with a bit of oil and knead the thawed bread dough.
- Shape the dough 10 cigar sized pieces.
- Place the breadsticks on a oil sprayed cookie sheet.
- Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size (up to 2 hours).
- Lightly spray the top of each breadstick with oil and dust with the garlic powder and Oregano Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly& serve.
I forgot about these while they were rising and ended up with Olive Garden Buns. They were still delicious. Thanks for posting. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
I wouldn't dare post a picture of my rendition of these breadsticks. No way! My version of this recipe was nowhere near "cigar shaped" although one looked eerily similar to an Oregon slug and another a spitting image of Jabba the Hut. Regardless, they taste good and were easy to prepare. Served with Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana and Olive Garden Salad (Copycat). I used Easy Peezy Pizza Dough (Bread Machine Pizza Dough). Thanks, Bergy! cg
Very good! I didn't have italian seasoning so used oregano and basil. My son gobbled them up. They sure didn't look like they were done but after reading the other comments I didn't over cook them.