Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you're looking for extreme flavor then this is one you will have to try! --- spread on toasts and use as a quick d'oeuvre or use as a condiment --- plan ahead this needs to be refrigerated for a minimum of 4 hours before serving the flavors intensify with chilling --- this makes about 1-1/2 cups if you want to double the recipe make in two separate batches and keep in two glass containers don't store the two batches together as the flavors tend to become too overpowering.
- 1 cup pimento stuffed olive, rinsed well
- 2⁄3 cup pitted kalamata olive, rinsed well
- 3 tablespoons bottled capers, drained and rinsed well
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar or 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano or 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme, crumbled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes (can use more for extra heat)
- In a food processor, pulse all ingredients with on/off turns until coarsely chopped.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
This is a wonderful appetizer, indeed. However you need to know this info! I recently learned, that fresh garlic and olive oil are the perfect companions for Botulism. So this needs to be eaten up in 3-4 days!! The Foodnetwork had a special on garlic a little while back. This is where the info came from. (Alton Brown) Koechin/Ingrid
Excellent. Great on a Muffeletta sandwich. I was low on Kalamata olives and used some regular black olives and it was still excellent. Someone ask me where I got olive relish. Thanks for another great recipe Kittencal.