Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple appetizer that's great for parties.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (7 ounce) jar pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- In a medium bowl, or food processor, mix together the cream cheese, seasoning salt, and 2 tablespoons of juice from the olive jar until well blended. Set aside in the refrigerator to firm up, about 30 minutes.
- When the cheese mixture is firm, pack enough of the cream cheese mixture around the outside of each olive so that it is completely covered. Roll each olive ball in chopped pecans, and return them to the refrigerator until firm.
- To serve, cut each olive ball in half, and arrange on a serving tray cut side up.