Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Olive-lovers this is one you should not pass up! This is easy and quick to make with so much flavor, and can be on the table in an hour or even less. If you are in a hurry, just cook for 25 minutes, or even simmer for a longer time, this is even better if made a day ahead to allow flavors to blend. Prep time includes boiling the pasta.
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil (of coarse what else lol!)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, with juice
- 5 ounces pitted black olives, sliced (or to taste, about 1 cup and a little more)
- 5 ounces pitted green olives, sliced (or to taste, about 1 cup and a little more)
- 12 ounces small shell pasta (cooked to firm-tender and drained)
- 1 -2 cup canned drained mushroom (or to taste)
- 3⁄4-1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add in chopped onion, garlic, oregano and crushed red pepper flakes; saute for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes with juice and drained mushrooms along with black and green olives; simmer on low heat for about 25-30 minutes, or until mixture starts to thicken.
- Add in cooked pasta shells and 3/4 - 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese; toss to combine.
- Serve with more Parmesan cheese.
I don't often enjoy meatless pasta dishes but this one had a lovely blend of flavours! Out of personal preference, I used fresh tomatoes and fresh mushroms. thanks for sharing!
Yummy! We loved it! The only change I made was to use fresh mushrooms. It was a nice mix and we made it spicy enough to our taste! Thanks Kit!
Olive heaven! This is very good indeed. I used chestnut mushrooms and went easy on the red pepper flakes, but otherwise made this as written. Made half quantities and it made 3 good portions. We will be having this dish again :-)