Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I remember Mom making this for dessert when I was a child. I think she got the recipe from an old magazine. It's so easy and economical too! I'm glad to share it since the clipping is falling apart! (This is my first posting!!)
- 1 (29 ounce) cansliced yellow cling peaches (packed in syrup)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 10 shortbread cookies (we used Lorna Doones!)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Drain peaches (Use peach syrup for beverage or dessert sauce.); place in single layer in buttered 9-inch pie plate; sprinkle lemon juice over.
- Crush cookies coarsely between sheets of waxed paper with a rolling pin.(There should be 3/4 cup.)
- Combine with brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; cut in butter or margarine with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake in hot oven 20 minutes, or until crumbs toast lightly.
- Serve plain or with cream or ice cream.
- (We liked ours warm!).
This was a very easy and tasty dish. DH went back for more and there wasn't any left! It is a must to serve warm. Thanks for posting.
This is one of the easiest recipes I have ever made from Recipezaar. The instructions are clear and easy to read and the finished product is very very tasty served warm. Being a single mom, I like things inexpensive and this fit the bill. (no pun intended). Thanks for a nice finish to our dinner.