1 hr 5 mins
i've been making stuffing like this ever since my mom taught me how. this stuffing is perfect for those who don't like all the "extra stuff" people put in their stuffing (ie. sausage, apples, cranberries, nuts) no thanks!! i use both types of mrs. cubbison's to get the right texture, the cubed stuffing and seasoned dressing (one is cubed and the other is more loose). but the zaar powers that be don't recognize those ingredients so make sure you get both types. this recipe makes alot of stuffing but i like it that way so i'm sure there will be plenty left for all of the yummy leftover recipes i love to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) bags mrs. cubbison's prepared stuffing (1 box)
- 2 (6 ounce) bags mrs. cubbison's herb-seasoned stuffing cubes (1 box)
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 celery ribs, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 10 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 6 cups turkey broth (from your cooked bird)
- 1Follow the instructions to make the cornbread in and 8" square pan the night before so it has time to dry out a bit, i usually break the loaf in half to help this process; crumble when ready to use.
- 2You can also hard-boil the eggs the night before to save you time.
- 3I usually only get about 3-4 cups of broth from my turkey so I boil the turkey neck in 3 cups water to make up the difference.
- 4Sauté celery, onion and garlic in olive oil.
- 5In a large tray combine both boxes of mrs. cubbison's & crumbled corn bread (i use one of those huge disposable turkey roasting trays from the store).
- 6Add veggies, eggs & seasonings.
- 7Drizzle with butter & turkey broth until desired moistness, stirring occasionally to disperse liquids.
- 8Bake covered for 30 minutes at 350 then uncover and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until the top is browned.
Browse Our Top For Large Groups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All For Large Groups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy, Oh so Amazing, Mrs. Cubbison's Turkey Stuffing, My Way
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.6
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 87.3 mg
- Sodium 491.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: