Recipe by Jessie_loves_desserts
This is a lovely muffin for breakfast that will keep you full for a long time! My family really loved this. It's very basic and free to make many additions. I make it so often, I have it memorized!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats or 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and oats. Soak for 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat together egg and oil; stir in oatmeal mixture. In a third bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir flour mixture into wet ingredients, just until combined. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups until cups are 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.