Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a lovely muffin for breakfast that will keep you full for a long time! My family really loved this. It's very basic and free to make many additions. I make it so often, I have it memorized!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats or 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and oats. Soak for 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat together egg and oil; stir in oatmeal mixture. In a third bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir flour mixture into wet ingredients, just until combined. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups until cups are 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
Thanks for sharing the recipe........we loved it! Yummy and quickly prepared.
These were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly as written using the canola oil as that is what I buy. I cooked mine for 15 minutes and they were a bit overdone. I would cut back on the cooking time next time. Made for Fall PAC 2009.
These are soooo easy to prepare! Made in minutes! Used canola oil and did add some chocolate chips. Thanks Jessie! :)