Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This comes from the 2005 Hallmark Christmas Cookie Book.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Stir first 9 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add oil, eggs, and vanilla; stir well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls (dough will be crumbly).
- Place balls on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool on baking sheets 1 minute.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Good solid cookie recipe. My helper (my almost 5 year old) decided she wanted to use baking m&ms instead of chocolate chips. We also left off the nuts. Dense and sweet with good texture from the oats. A little crumbly, but these will be good lunchbox cookies.