Recipe by Donna Matthews
This Caesar has no egg, no anchovy, no mustard, and no a few other traditional ingredients; but it is quick, easy, and all the teen-agers eat it. The passive work time is approximate and is for the garlic to flavor the dressing.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 cups croutons (or however many you like)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 2 cloves garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss torn lettuce and grated cheese together in a large bowl.
- Put in refrigerator to crisp.
- Crush or chop garlic into a jar.
- Add oil and lemon juice and mix well.
- Let dressing sit until ready to serve so flavors mix.
- Just before serving, remove garlic solids from dressing.
- Add croutons to salad in bowl.
- Add dressing and toss just before taking to the table so croutons are still crisp.