Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I got this from a Bon Appetit magazine a long time ago....it really is very easy to make, as you don't have to boil the noodles first, everything is cooked in one casserole, it turns out fantastic, and is soooo yummy!
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 cup dark raisin
- 5 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 cups whole milk or 3 cups half-and-half
- 3 cups corn flakes, coarsely crushed
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 13 x 9-in baking dish.
- Spread UNCOOKED noodles over bottom of buttered dish, sprinkle with raisins.
- Whisk eggs, sour cream, butter and sugar in a large bowl until smooth.
- Whisk in milk, and pour over noodles.
- Let kugel stand for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix cornflakes and brown sugar in a bowl; sprinkle evenly over kugel.
- Bake kugel until set in center, about 1 hour.
- Serve warm, or at room temperature.