Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
I've made this several times and it always turns out good. Make sure you knead the dough for the required 5-7 minutes. I have added dried herbs and onion flakes right into the dough as well.
Top Review by Bonnie Douglass
This so so fast and easy! I use this now instead of buying ready made dough. I use regular all purpose flour but it comes out great. I bake it on a pizza stone and the crust is thin and soft much better than fast food crust.
- 1 1⁄2 cups white spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (non-aluminum)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 400'F.
- Place the flour, baking powder and the salt into a bowl. Make a well in the center and add the water and oil.
- Combine by gradually incorporating the flour into the olive oil and water. You may want to add a little more water if necessary.
- Transfer the dough to a floured board and knead it at least for 5-7 minutes.
- Let the dough rest in an air tight plastic bag while you prepare the toppings for your pizza.
- Once the toppings are made, set them aside and take the dough out of the plastic bag.
- Put a tiny bit of oil in the center of your pizza pan and with your hands and finger tips spread the dough to cover the pan. I use a 12 inch pizza pan. You could probably stretch it to 15 inches, but it would be a thinner crust.
- Place your pizza sauce on the dough and then cover with your favorite toppings.
- Pop it into the preheated oven. Check it after about 20 minutes to see how the crust is browning. Some ovens are hotter then others, so this is a good habit to get into.
- Bon Appetit!
- P.S.: If you change the ingredients in this recipe I can't guarantee it's going to turn out the way mine did. But, hey, experiment with it. Thanks for choosing my recipe!