Although you can use fresh bread, these are better with day-old bread. And you can use the heels, too.
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Cut bread into dice-size cubes.
- Toss into medium size bowl.
- Mix oil into melted butter in small, separate bowl.
- Drizzle oil/butter over cubes, while tossing them around in the bowl.
- Keep tossing, while adding garlic.
- When evenly coated, place in single layer on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until browned.
- Store in airtight container or zip lock bag.