1/1 Photo of Easy "no Peek" Prime Rib
2 hrs 15 mins
It doesn't get much easier than this for making a perfect medium rare rib!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 500º.
- 2Mix seasonings together and pat all over the roast.
- 3It probably won't stick very well to the fat side but that's ok.
- 4Put the roast in a Dutch oven, preferably on a small rack to lift it off the bottom of the pot.
- 5Bone side up (fat side down).
- 6Place a meat thermometer in the middle of the roast being careful not to get too close to the bone.
- 7Cover with lid (you need a fairly large Dutch oven so the lid will fit on properly).
- 8Cook the roast in the oven for 5-6 minutes per pound, then shut off the oven.
- 9DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR FOR TWO HOURS, UNDER PENALTY OF DEATH!
- 10****The 2 hours starts as soon as the roast is put in the oven****.
- 11After two hours, take it out and check the temperature.
- 12If it's 140º, it's perfect!
- 13If it's cooler, put back in oven at 375º until it reaches 140º.
- 14This procedure will yield a PERFECT MEDIUM RARE PRIME RIB.
- 15Don't ask how to do medium or well done because cooking prime rib past medium rare is a felony.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy "no Peek" Prime Rib
Serving Size: 1 (5 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 10.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: